The unofficial game guide to Ghost of Tsushima is a comprehensive compendium of knowledge about the latest game developed by Sucker Punch studio. By reading the information and advice prepared in this guide you will be able to complete all main and side quests and explore the great world of Ghost Of Tsushima in 100%. Our guide will help you find all secrets of the game and earn the platinum trophy. In addition to the basic campaign guide, you'll also find pages about the Iki Island story DLC included in Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut.
The initial part of our game guide to Ghost of Tsushima contains a detailed description of basic features and an overview of all key game mechanics that can make it easier to play the game for the first time. One of the most important sections of our guide is the beginner's guide and tips chapter, which offers hints for novice players and information on how to keep your character alive. Other pages of our guide contain information and advice regarding various topics, such as, sneaking (Ghost style), direct combat (Samurai style), character development, crafting, world exploration, horse riding, completing quests and tasks, using the best weapons and gadgets. Also, we have prepared a trophy guide in which we have thoroughly described all achievements and provided information on how you can earn them. The guide is complemented by pages about controls, system requirements, available game editions, and information on how long it takes to run-through the Ghost of Tsushima.
In our guide you can also find a detailed walkthrough of the whole story campaign available in Ghost of Tsushima. Our walkthrough have been divided into descriptions of all main quests and descriptions of optional side quests. The completion of the latter is not required to complete the main storyline. In the descriptions of individual quests you can find tips on how to accomplish mission objectives, how to sneak into hostile locations, how to win direct battles and how to defeat bosses who may be more challenging. In our discussion of selected tasks we have also took into account the issue of important choices and presented the consequences of all decisions you can make in the game. Additionally, you can find out whether Ghost of Tsushima has several endings.
One of the major chapters of our Ghost of Tsushima guide is the world atlas, in which we focused on discussing all possible locations that can be visited and all the attractions hidden on the title island of Tsushima. By using the information we have prepared you will be able to find all collectibles of the game, including the shrines.
- Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island DLC
- Ghost of Tsushima: Quick Beginner's Guide & Tips
- Ghost of Tsushima: List of all tales, quests - walkthrough
- Ghost of Tsushima: List of all side tales, quests - walkthrough
- Ghost of Tsushima: All bosses
- Ghost of Tsushima: All collectibles, secrets
- Ghost of Tsushima: Game length
- Ghost of Tsushima: Trophies, platinum - guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Controls PS4
Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island DLC
The Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island DLC was released on August 20, 2021. It comes with the Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut edition of the game available on PS4 and PS5 or it can be purchased separately. This is a large, story-driven DLC that expands on singleplayer mode. It gives you the chance to explore the new, titular island, where new quests, new secrets and collectibles, new battles, and new places to discover await you. The most important pages of this DLC guide are listed below:
Contents and how to unlock the Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island DLC
- The Iki Island DLC and the Director's Cut Edition - On this page, we have compiled the most important information about the Iki Island DLC.
- Iki Island - how to unlock? - We described step by step when you will be able to begin the DLC's storyline and how to arrive on Iki Island.
- Transferring save files from PS4 - how? - We have prepared a guide for PS5 console owners to transfer their progress from the PlayStation 4 version.
- The size of Iki Island - is it big? - We inform you about the size of the locations you will be able to explore in the DLC.
FAQ - Answers to frequently asked questions
- Animals- how to tame? - We explain how to tame and pet the newly added animal species - cats, monkeys and deer.
Walkthrough - main quests
- Journey into the Past - This is the first DLC quest about the journey from Tsushima to Iki.
- A Lost Friend - This quest is about finding your character's horse.
- The Eagle's Cry - During this quest, you will meet the DLC's main antagonist.
- A Raider's Return - In this quest, Jin can make contact with the islanders.
- Jin from Yarikawa - This tale is about attacking an enemy warship.
- The Lightning in the Storm - During this quest, you will infiltrate Fort Sakai and defeat the location's boss, Khunbish.
- Massacre at Kidafure Village - In this quest, you will face a series of battles against the Mongols near the titular village.
Walkthrough - mythic tales
- The Legend of Black Hand Riku - In this quest, you can face the optional boss Riku and obtain the amazing Sarugami armor for perfect parries and evasions.
- The Legacy Of Kazumasa Sakai - In this quest, you can explore the ship graveyard and find some horse armor for your mount.
Walkthrough - side quests
Secrets and collectibles
- Saruiwa - how to reach the peak? - Our guide explains where to find Saruiwa, how to reach its peak and what awaits you at the very top of the mountain.
- Nakajima Shrine - Our guide explains where the shrine is located and how to reach it successfully.
The Hidden Cove Tournament - arena battles
- Unlock the tournament and awards - We explain the general battle rules of the arena and the rewards that can be earned for defeating the 4 tournament participants.
- Kai, Opponent no. 1
- Owan, Opponent no. 2
- Take, Opponent no. 3
- Sao, Opponent no. 4
Ghost of Tsushima: Quick Beginner's Guide & Tips
Below we have prepared some useful tips for novice players, who are going to begin their adventure on the island of Tsushima. Getting to know them will make it easier for you to embark on an adventure in Ghost of Tsushima. More pieces of advice and more detailed hints are available in a separate chapter of our guide - Beginner's guide and tips.
- You can set any difficulty level, because none of the trophies are associated with this topic. We recommend you to choose between normal and high difficulty levels.
- Practice the parry ability by pressing L1 button. This practice and short training will help you especially when confronting bosses. Also try to quickly unlock Perfect Parry ability.
- You have to dodge red attacks at all costs. Jin is unable to block or parry these enemy strikes.
- Blue attacks are also dangerous. Initially, you have to avoid them. But later you can enable some parry-related abilities that will allow you to parry these attacks.
- You have to heal the hero on your own - you have to press the down directional button of the d-pad of your gaming controller. This action requires Resolve that can be obtained, among other things, by killing enemies.
- Use kunai knives to stun your enemies. You can easily attack a stunned opponent without the risk that the enemy may block or parry your attack.
- It's best to attack enemy leaders by surprise, because they're stronger. A stealth attack can seriously injure or instantly kill the leader.
- Properly adjust your stance to the types of currently attacking enemies. Jin's attacks will become more effective, especially those activated by the Triangle button.
- Use dodges during fights against archers, specifically every time you hear an archer scream. Later on you will be able to unlock the reflect arrows ability.
- Choose your hero's outfit to suit your current needs - it's worth having your own favourite outfits for traversing the game world, sneaking around and engaging in direct combat.
- Regularly upgrade your hero's weapons to increase their stats. This will allow you to eliminate opponents faster and easier.
- Visit as many question marks on the map as possible. These can be locations, for example, with unique treasures or rewards that permanently increase Jin's statistics.
- Don't jump from high altitudes. Jin could be injured or die due to the fall damage. Look for interactive ledges or paths to get down safely.
- Quickly complete all main quests of the first act. Most of them will give you very useful gadgets and skills, such as a bow and grapple hook.
- The sooner you engage in mythical tales the better. Each such side quest has a valuable reward - a weapon, an armor, or a special skill.
- Sneak into locations with hostages. If an alarm is being raised, the enemy may choose to kill them, and the death of a civilian may end up with failure.
- Collect as many crafting materials as possible. You'll need them, among other things, to upgrade your equipment and buy disposable items.
Ghost of Tsushima: List of all tales, quests - walkthrough
Below is a list of all the main and side quests in Ghost of Tsushima. Walkthroughs of all quests/tales can be found in our walkthrough section.
Prologue and Act 1
- The Warrior's Code
- The Tale of Sensei Ishikawa
- The Tale of Lady Masako
- Blood on the Grass
- The Broken Blacksmith
- Hammer and Forge
- The Tale of Ryuzo
- The Iron Hook
- Shadow of the Samurai
- A New Horizon
- A Message in Fire
- The Walls of Yarikawa
- The Coward of Yarikawa
- Ghosts from the Past
- The Ghost of Yarikawa
- A Reckoning in Blood
- The Fate of Tsushima
- From the Darkness
Act 3 and Endings
- Honor and Ash
- Wolves at the Gates
- A Gathering Storm
- Heart of the Jito
- Eternal Blue Sky
- The Tale of Lord Shimura
Ghost of Tsushima: List of all side tales, quests - walkthrough
The Tale of Sensei Ishikawa
- The Sensei and The Student
- The Past Never Passes
- The Way of the Bow
- Dreams of Conquest
- The Ghost and the Demon Sensei
- The Terror of Otsuna
- Friends in Passing
- Laid to Rest
The Tale of Lady Masako
- The Headman
- The Husband
- The Traitor
- A Mother's Peace
- The Fool
- The Family Man
- The Thief
- The Conspirator
- The Sister Betrayed
A Kenji Tale
A Norio Tale
- The Last Warrior Monk
- Three Actions, Three Illusions
- Ghosts in the Fog
- The Birth of Suffering
- The Blood Sutra
- The Cause of Suffering
- The End of Suffering
- The Guardian of Tsushima
- This Threefold World
The Tale of Yuna
A Yuriko Tale
- Incident at Hiyoshi Pass
- The Other Side of Honour
- The Cost of Iron
- A Place to Call Home
- For Tsushima
- The Value of Sake
- A Healer's Touch
- Unfinished Business
- Honour Buried Deep
- Lost at Sea
- Whispers in the Woods
- Empty Basket
- The Laughing Bandits
- The Burden of Theft
- The River Children
- A Thief of Innocence
- A Final Request
- A Wealthy Man Has All He Needs
- The Generosity Lady Sanjo
- Flesh and Stone
- Peace for the Divine
- Fit for the Khan
- The Cost of Fear
- A Father's Choice
- Hidden in Snow
- A Debt Repaid
- The Legend of Tadayori - complete this quest to receive Tadayori's Armor
- The Heavenly Strike - complete this quest to receive Heavenly Strike skill
- The Curse of Uchitsune - complete this quest to receive a Long bow and Explosive arrow
- The Unbreakable Gosaku - complete this quest to receive the Gosaku's Armor
- The Spirit of Yarikawa's Vengeance - complete this quest to receive Dance of Wrath skill
- The Six Blades of Kojiro - complete this quest to receive Kensei's Armor
- The Undying Flame - complete this quest to receive Way of the Flame skill
Ghost of Tsushima: All bosses
Below you have a list of all the Ghost of Tsushima bosses encountered in the main and side quests. Detailed descriptions of the individual boss battles in the Bosses chapter.
Bosses, main quests
- Ryuzo - first encounter
- General Temuge
- Ryuzo - second encounter
- Lord Shimura (the final boss of the game)
Bosses, side quests and Mythic Tales
Ghost of Tsushima: All collectibles, secrets
Below is a list of the guide pages showing the secrets in Ghost of Tsushima. The collectibles were divided according to the categories or locations in which they appear. All information on how to find them on the Secrets and collectibles page.
Collectibles in Ghost of Tsushima - records, Mongol artifacts, and hidden altars
World atlas maps - Tsushima island
Secrets in Ghost of Tsushima - Izuhara region
- 24 camps;
- Pillars of Honor;
- Hot Springs;
- Inari Shrines;
- Bamboo Strikes;
- Shinto Shrines;
Secrets in Ghost of Tsushima - Toyotama region
- 15 camps;
- 5 duels;
- Pillars of Honor;
- Hot Springs;
- Inari Shrines;
- Bamboo Strikes;
- Shinto Shrines;
Secrets in Ghost of Tsushima - Kamiagata region
Ghost of Tsushima: Game length
Your first playthrough of Ghost of Tsushima should take about 30-40 hours. This value assumes that in addition to the main quests, you will do some side quests and additional activities. Many of these activities are important. Completing them can help you level up or improve the hero's equipment. This is helpful in completing tasks, fighting bosses and other stronger opponents.
Find out more on the separate page of our guide: Game length.
Ghost of Tsushima: Trophies, platinum - guide
The platinum trophy in Ghost of Tsushima is not that difficult to earn, but it may take you a long time to unlock it. This is mainly due to the need of recapturing all locations occupied by the Mongols, discovering all question markers on the map and completing side quests (tales). These requirements will extend the total gameplay time to around 50 hours. Luckily, Ghost of Tsushima doesn't have a trophy associated with difficulty levels and doesn't force you to find secrets / collectibles in 100%.
You can find a complete list of trophies in our trophy guide.
Ghost of Tsushima: Controls PS4
Focused Hearing / Gestures
Aim / Switch Ranged Weapons and Ammo
Crouch / Mount Horse / Contextual Interaction
Quick Attack / Assassination (Stealth kill)
Quickfire Weapon / Ghost Weapon
Switch Stance or Quickfire / Ghost Weapon
About Ghost of Tsushima Guide, Walkthrough
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas & Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Ghost of Tsushima Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Sucker Punch Productions
- publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- platform: PS4
More About Ghost of Tsushima
In times of gaming prosperity, it's hard to justify returning to titles you've already played – after all, there are always new stories waiting to be told. Fortunately, there are additions such as Iki Island to Ghost of Tsushima – the perfect reason!
Open worlds and single player sandboxes are a great way to lose 100 hours out of your life. Here are the best open world games you can play in 2021 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox and Switch.
The Last of Us: Part 2 or Cyberpunk 2077? Maybe the inconspicuous Hades, which absolutely stormed our hearts? We've chosen our games of the year.
The Witcher 3 is a great game, but Ghost of Tsushima proved to me that the formula used by CD Projekt RED is rather outdated and can be improved... by getting rid of some core RPG mechanics.
In July, we'll be introduced to Ghost of Tsushima, the last big exclusive game on PlayStation 4. Racing fans will celebrate a new Trackmania and Formula 1, and Hideo Kojima's loud Death Stranding will arrive on PC.