This guide to Football Manager 2022 is a large compendium of knowledge regarding this extremely popular football simulator from Sport Interactive. The detailed information and tips the guide contains will let you learn the most important mechanics of the game, help you learn the basics and teach you how to properly manage your club.
The first chapter of the guide is intended to lead you through the basics of FM 2022. In addition to useful starting tips, which should be especially helpful for new Players, you'll also find information regarding other important parts of managing a football club, such as training, team meetings, press conferences, tactics, transfers, squad depth, scouting. You'll also learn how to negotiate contracts, how to loan out players and where to look for young talents (Wonderkids).
The second extensive chapter of the Football Manager 2022 guide is the FAQ containing answers to frequently asked questions, such as: how to install Logo Packs and Face Packs, how to implement real team and competition names with the Real Name Fix, how to import tactics, apply custom views and search filters, what the loyalty bonus is, how to quickly simulate a match or a season and whether can FM 2022 be played in Multiplayer.
The final chapter of our guide to Football Manager 2022 is the Appendix, where you'll find the system requirements as well as information regarding the available languages in FM 2022.
- Football Manager 2022: Beginner's guide
- Football Manager 2022: PC system requirements
- Football Manager 2022: FAQ - I'm looking for an answer to a problem
- Football Manager 2022: Language versions
Football Manager 2022: Beginner's guide
- First time playing: if this is your first time playing FM 2022, it's a good idea to lead a good team with great players and fitting squad depth, such as PSG, Liverpool, Manchester City, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid;
- Delegating tasks: if you don't yet feel comfortable managing the club, remember that most of the everyday tasks, such as training, scouting or press conferences, can be assigned to other employees. Despite that, we suggest you to be the one handling extending contracts and hiring new employees;
- Inbox: every day you'll find the most important info regarding your club in your e-mail inbox. You should check it regularly and react to the situations that arise when needed;
- Injuries: to reduce the risk of your players getting injured, pay special attention to the Medical Center tab, where you'll find risk assessment for individual players. If a player is too burdened, let him rest;
- Tactics: you shouldn't mess with your team's tactics too much if this is your first time playing Football Manager 2022, as without proper knowledge you can end up limiting your players and preventing them from realising the implemented tactics. For example, if you want to focus on ball possession, you shouldn't set the game's pace to be extremely fast;
- Morale: low morale can greatly affect your team's performance. Check the Dynamics tab from time to time to keep track of team morale and the atmosphere in the dressing room;
- Scouting: recruiting new players to the team is a very important task. Each decision must be carefully thought through, and you can't go over budget when recruiting;
- Training: it's not easy to plan a training calendar, so at first you should agree to the plan your advisors suggest you. Later on, once you have a better understanding of FM 2022's base mechanics, you can start implementing minor changes and adjusting the training to your vision of the club.
More tips for FM 2022 can be found on the Beginner's guide page.
Football Manager 2022: PC system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7(SP1)/8/8.1/10 64-bit;
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 1.8 GHz;
- Graphics Card: 256 MB GeForce 9600M GT / Radeon HD 3650 or better;
- RAM: 4 GB;
- Disk space: 7 GB HDD.
For more information, including the recommended system requirements to run FM 2022 on Windows PC and macOS, check the System requirements page.
Football Manager 2022: FAQ - I'm looking for an answer to a problem
If you want to learn more about Football Manager 2022, take a look at the following answers to the most frequently asked questions about the game.
- Logo Pack - how to install?: Unfortunately you won't find official club logos in Football Manager 2022 due to the lack of official licensing, therefore on this page we explain how to install the logos in FM 2022 by yourself;
- Face Pack - how to install?: The lack of licenses in FM 22 extends to players as well. On this page we explain how to install the actual players into the game to get rid of any doubt regarding who you're offering or who's playing in your team;
- Outfit pack - how to install?: On this page, you'll learn how to install outfit packs in Football Manager 2022 which should make the game more realistic and more enjoyable;
- Wrong club and competition names - how to fix?: The clubs and competitions having different names is yet another issue resulting from FM 2022 lacking the appropriate license. You can fortunately fix this quickly, with this page explaining how to do so;
- Tactics - how to import?: There are many interesting and effective tactics prepared by Football Manager fans all over the internet. On this page we explain where to find pre-made tactics and how to import them into FM 2022;
- Custom Search Filters - How To Apply?: You'll be spending a lot of time in the transfer market when playing Football Manager 2022, especially if you're running a small club. This page explains where to find custom search filters and how to install them to help you find specific transfer targets;
- Custom views - how to apply? : The standard views of individual tabs in FM 22 are unfortunately not ideal, which is why on this page we explain how to quickly fix them with community-made custom views;
- Loyalty bonus - what is it? : This page of the Football Manager 2022 guide explains what the Loyalty Bonus is and how it's obtained;
- Season - how to speed up?: This page explains how FM 2022 lets you take a break (go on holidays), speed up the season or skip a singular match and immediately see the results;
- Multiplayer -is it available?: This page explains how to create an online lobby, invite your friends and how to join the lobbies created by other Players.
Football Manager 2022: Language versions
FM 2022 features subtitles in seventeen different languages. You can find more info about Football Manager 2022's language versions on the Language versions page.
About Football Manager 2022 Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : November 19, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Football Manager 2022 Video Game
- genre: Sports
- developer: Sports Interactive
- publisher: SEGA
- platform: PC, XONE, XSX